Knit for Brains 2

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Binary Scarf in Progress!


I started this Binary Scarf for Nigel. He went gaga over the pattern when he saw it. In fact, he spotted it on boingboing.net before I'd even seen it where it's published (latest issue of knitty, of course!)

It's my first significant intarsia work, so it's slow going and I'm not sure I'll finish it before the cold weather ends this season. The pattern called for Supersaver acrylic, but I just couldn't do that on such a big project (call me a fiber snob, I don't care!) so I'm using 100% wool: Paton's Merino for the black and Cascade 220 for the green.

This project is also my first opportunity to use the interchangeable knitting needle set that Nigel gave me for Christmas (one of many awesome gifts that Nigel gave me, xoxoxo). I'm knitting in the round using two circular needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home